July 15, 2014

Who I Blame for my Home Computer Problems

I had fun yesterday!
 
Over the weekend Raynman, my hubby, complained he couldn't get on line with our laptop. Well, he can barely turn it on so...
 
But then, I couldn't get it to work either. Oh joy! We really did have a problem. Probably Comcast messing with us. 
 
I always blame my problems on Comcast. Even when I wander off in an ADD-ish fog and leave the bacon to burn.
 
So yesterday morning I decided to tackle the issue before I started work on the overly complicated process of getting images to work in a Createspace template.
 
I was already geared up to have a migraine, and had both my coffee and a bottle of Bayer Back and Body sitting next to the computer. I know, coffee will give you a headache, but I get headaches if I don't have my coffee, so don't go there with me.
 
Anyway! I spent ALL FREAKIN' MORNING trying to figure out what was going on. It kept saying the proxy server wasn't responding.
 
I finally Googled it, then went through another hour of confused computer geek gibberish until someone SANE wrote... "uncheck the proxy box." So, I unchecked the box and yep. It works! Life is good once again. Now all I have to do is find someone SANE to tell me how to deal with my Createspace image issues.

4 comments:

  1. MOUSES! I don't even know what a 'proxy box' is. Neither does the peep but that, is pretty much to be expected.

    Purrs,
    Nissy #Niss4Senate

    ReplyDelete
  2. isn't technology FUN??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yikes - what a day you had. I'm afraid to go to anything but Blogger, as I have that figured out and don't want to go thru hoops to learn something new. I give you a lot of credit. Oh, I also take the easy way out if I can't fix something - call my son-in-law, who is a computer geek! He's bailed me out of trouble many times.

    ReplyDelete